CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Last day! Yeah

My morning pt. had never had her teeth cleaned. She had the most calculus that I have ever seen. She is a class IV. I did x-rays and cleaned 1 quad. She is comming back in Jan. so that I can finish her (hopefully), might take 2 more appts. I didn't really want to come in today, but I knew that I had some hard pts comming in today. For some reason I was really nervous giving anesthesia this morning. I don't know why. My hands were kind of shaky like it was my first time. I don't know if it was because I needed to eat or if it was Kami that made me nervous, but when I gave anesthesia in the afternoon I was fine. Weird.
In the afternoon, I had a class III pt. I only cleaned 2 quads, but did some anesthesia,with no problems this time, and placed some arestin. I had almost every inst. I own out on my tray plus the syringes for the arestin and anesthesia and several ultrasonics. Thankfully Emily helped me clean up my tray. He is comming back in Jan also. I missed a couple of spots on my afternoon pt., but I this is the first time that I have had pts. with such deep probe depths. It is weird to have your inst. go down 10 mm.

I cannont believe that this semester of clinic is over. I have finished all but 10 PE's, have more that half of my x-ray requiremets and almost all my anesthesia requirements. I am glad that I am going to be starting next semester ahead if only by a little. I have really enjoyed working with the inst. on Thursday clinic. I have learned a lot from each one of them. I think that it really benifits us to work with a lot of different hygienists as we are learning. Every semester goes by faster than the last so I bet that next semester will go even faster. Sometimes I think that it goes too fast. Overall, I had a lot more good days in clinic than bad, but somethimes I still wonder if I will ever be fast and good enough in the real world. I guess only time will tell. I still have 2 finals to take and then I will be finished with this semester. Yeah.

Things for next semester
1-Continue to work on x-rays
2-Try to go faster

0 comments: