I haven't sleep well the last couple of nights and feel like I am getting sick, so that might be why I felt so tired after clinic today.
Today was a pretty productive for me today. I had two 1a's this morning and was able to get them complete and do 4 sealants. I tried to take some x-rays on the little girl, and when I asked her if she has had pictures of her teeth before, she said yes, but I always gag. I'm thinking, great! Needless to say, we didn't get any x-rays today. I couldn't even get close to her without her without her gagging. This is the first time that I have actually liked working on kids. These are the youngest kids that I have seen and it is pretty easy when they don't have more calculus than most 1b's. The mom has 4 kids and seems to be pretty involved and interested in how they are doing. I really appreciate the parents that are willing to put sealants on their kids teeth, it saves them a lot of money in the long run and most importantly the kids teeth.
In the afternoon, I had a new pt. that had quite the hhx and I had to take some PA's, so now I am done with them, and turned out to be a class III. I was able to finish him up today, but it helped that he only had 6 maxillary teeth. The crazy thing is, the first thing that he asked me is about whitening, but who really cares about whitening your mandibular teeth, when you only have two maxillary anterior teeth that aren't even touching. Ofcourse I was polite and said that he could try the white strips..... After I had finished cleaning his teeth he asked if they were any whiter and I showed him and he says "not really". Seriously! How could they not be whiter, when you can actually see the enamel instead of all the cal and plaque all over them. Don't get me wrong, he was really nice and he was interested in everything that I had to say about perio and home care but his priorities might me off a little. What's a hygienist to do? Oh yeah, When I asked him about flossing, he said I cant get the floss inbetween my teeth. Again, what? I could see between every tooth except a couple on the mandible.
Wow this semester is flying by. Next week is national boards and I am still not really that stressed out. I am so glad that I didn't start studying too soon though because I am already getting sick of reviewing stuff and I have only been studying for a couple of weeks. Hopefully I will pass. I think that I feel pretty good about everything. I think it will just be really long.
All I have left is:
2 sets of scanx bwx
nitrous pe
Finding a mockboard and a back up board pt.
If you are still reading this, sorry it is so long!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Clinic wore me out today
Posted by tiffers at 7:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment