My first patient was my class II patient and all I had to do on him was to scale the 5 spots on him that I missed but wasn't able to get that day because he has to leave early. He actually ended up having a lot of calculus that had built up on his lower linguals so I cleaned that off as well. My second patient was a 6 yr old girl and was able to do 2 bxw on her and scale her. She had a lot of plaque and more calculus than I had expected and her breath was really bad. I ahd planned on doing sealants and her 6 yr molars were fully erupted and at first her dad said to do them, then he said no, then he said that he wanted to schedule them for a later time even though he was still in the chair and I had plenty of time to do them. So once again I got out all the stuff to so the sealants and all the pe's associated with it for no reason. I don't know when I am going to be able to get her sceduled in for them, but I still need 3 sealants, so I guess I better find some time. I am done with 1a's so I am pretty happy about that. Even though they are pretty fast and easy I don't really like soing kids. I think that I have said this before, but I am pretty sure that I won't be working in a pedo office when I graduate.
I can't believe that there is only 5 more weeks of this year. I still have to be a CA again, so for me I have 9 more clinic days. It is nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am almost all done with my x-ray requirements, definately need to work on passing off pe's and if my patients all show up (which for me would be really out of the ordinary) I might not only be able to pass but to get better than a B. I guess I will just have to see how things will work out.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Today I had 2 patients......
Posted by tiffers at 8:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment