CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Don't assume.....You know what that gets ya.

In the morning my pt hadn't shown up and so about 8:15 I walk up front to see what was going on and was told by the CA that there were spare pts. What! that never happens to me. Since my pt was new and I didn't know him I figured that I should check to make sure he wasn't there. Turns out that he was. He had been there since before 8 and filled out the paper work. I guess that he goes by his middle name and the CA's, yes there were two, didn't bother to check the last name and were just trying to give him away. I'm glad that I went up and checked or they would have probably just gave him away. He was just a 1B ofcourse and have come from SLC so I was glad that got him done, but from talking to him on the phone I thought that he might have been harder.

I'm starting to freak out about getting all my perio done. This whole semester I haven't seen anyone that I know and havn't seen any of my recall pts. in hopes that if I have new pts. then I will get some requirements in, but that hasn't really helped. We are more than half way and I have less than half of my perio requirements. Seriously, what are we supposed to do to find people.

In the afternoon, I had another new pt. and she only speaks spanish. Mr. Solomon was up front so I asked her to talk to her for me. She hadn't been to the dentist in more than 5 years, so I talked to her about taking full mouth x-rays and the cleaning and everything and then she told him that she forgot to get money and only had ten dollars with her. Uggh. The interpreter explained all the costs to her the night before. I had a feeling that she might be atleast a II and if she was I was willing to pay for her treatment, but I'm not that desperate for x-rays yet, so I didn't want to pay for them. I really didn't mind paying for her tx. since I really need II's. She had to leave early so we only got two quads done, but she is going to come back, and she brought me back the money on Friday, so I didn't have to pay for it in the end after all. I would have liked to do more, but atleast I have two more quads of a II done and 2 more on the way. She didn't qualify for mockboards, I asked since some of my friends don't have a pt. yet. Oh yeah, I did digital bwx without the xcp and they were great. I know that that doesn't seem like a big deal for most of the people reading this, but for me it's a big deal. I guess I can't say that I can't do them without the xcp kit because I usually don't try, but the digital room was available and I was also doing PA's so I finally just did it. Maybe I will try it more often.

1 comments:

darikamurphy-off campus student said...

Hello, thank you for writing me. I'm not sure how Weber works for recruiting patients. Talking to previous students is great way(you'll get the 411 also)and going to health fairs. One of SLCC's health fairs had single parent day. Possibly drop a flyer to a academic adviser that deals with single parents. Keep your eyes open and think outside the box. Don't worry about finding a job... you'll still a student!