CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

VA

Today was a crazy day at the VA. There wasn't a CA and 4 of us had 09:30 pts. Before I even had my chair cleaned up, Prof. Bossenberger had already brought another pt back for me. Today I realized how nice it is to have a CA there at the VA. Today I did 4 quads 1b, 8 quads V, 2 sets of BWX. My pts. were so easy today that I barely needed a scaler, but now I can kind of see how I could get done with a pt. in an hour in private practice. I was done with both my morning pts. by just after 10:00. I did learn a few things today. Even if it doesn't say that the pt. needs perio charting or x-rays always check and double check for yourself especially if the pt. is due for an exam! I checked and even wrote down when these things were done, but for some reason it didn't register that they were due today. Hello, it's 2009! I think that the dr. was less than happy about having to come back. Oh well, lesson learned. Only 5 more times at the VA. This semester is flying by. I guess I better start studying for boards. Oh yeah, one of my morning pts. asked if I was from Weber and I said yes, he said "I can tell, I like weber better than the other school." Ha! Priceless.

2 comments:

holly said...

Haha, that's funny what your patient said about Weber being better than the other schools. Go Weber! Woot!

Claire said...

That is so good that you are getting so fast! I know what you mean about double checking to see if they're due.