CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Two more weeks left.

I cannot believe that there are only 2 more weeks of school left. This morning I seen the pt. that I used for my eaglesoft project. She was a class IV that I didn't need other than the fact that I needed her for this. I only cleaned one quad because I let someone else clean the other 3. The one thing that I learned is to make sure that the person before you took the BP even if you are only seeing them a few weeks later, because if they were supposed to and didn't their inst. might not notice and yours will!
In the afternoon, I seen a new pt. that was taking all kinds of meds and didn't know any of the names. I was able to pull her x-rays from midtown, and the meds from the computer, but it took me a while to look them all up, which is good practice I guess. She is a class III and I was only able to do one quad because she had to leave, but I don't need anymore quads, so I didn't really care that much. I was able to give her an injection which I haven't done for quite a while, so that was good.
At the pod wrap, we talked about anesthesia boards and all the things that you can fail for. I feel pretty good about giving injections but not so good about the disassembly. It is kind of hard to get the needle into the sharps without touching the edges of the cards. I think I will practice doing that a few times before boards. I really wasn't stressed about anesthesia boards until today. Uggh! Glad this is almost over. :)

1 comments:

Amanda said...

You officially have one of the best blogs on here. I wish I cared more and blogged better. one day I will when I'm done with school. :)