Ummm.....well I don't really know what to do about my patients not showing up. I feel like I make it clear that it is important that they either show up or give me a notice if they are not going to show up, but they either don't show up, answer when I call them, or wait for me to call them the night before and then tell me they can't come in even though they said they would just days ago when I talked to them. Once again I came into clinic without a pt. but luckly I was able to get one for the recall list and she wanted to bring in 2 kids. Mindy also ended up needing a pt. so everything worked out good. I was able to do 4 bwx and full mouth scale without missing any spots. Oh yeah, I also finally passed off a pe. I don't even know how many we have to do this semester. It seems like the inst. never have enough time to pass them off.
I think that I should just not schedule any patients and just try to find one the day of, or schedule like 3 patients for each clinic session and maybe one will show up. Ok, I am kidding, but I am seriously getting sick of spending sooo much time scheduling people and then having to find someone else anyways. I have the worst luck. Last week I totally let it get to me, but today I just had to laugh, or else I will probably go crazy before this is over.
So my goals for next time are:
1-have a pt in my chair
2-pass off some pe's
3-sharpen my inst. (I was planning on doing this today if I didn't have a pt.
I think that the only other thing that is bugging me about clinic is that I don't really learn anything or improve that much. I thought that there would be more instruction in clinic. I feel like I am just doing whatever I want and hoping that it is the best way to do things. Well, another week down.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Don't really know what to do!!!
Posted by tiffers at 7:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
have you counted up how many patients have left you hanging?? Cause I am seriously thinking it is like almost all of them.... things will turn though - I hope that we can keep getting people in your chair! Hang in there tiffy!!
I think that it is almost everyone! I must have done something really bad in another lifetime or something :) It is crazy that my pt. showing up is the only thing that I stress out about!
Post a Comment