CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Once again my patient cancelled!

So like the title says, my patient cancelled, well nto really cancelled, but didn't answer the phone when I tried to confirm yesterday. Uggh... why do people make appointments if they aren't going to come in. I keep trying to schedule this patient because I think that she might be a class II but it's not worth it if they don't show up. So, yesterday I called everyone that I have ever met again and luckly this girl that I used to work with was willing to come in. She was a little late, but at this point I am okay with it.

I was able to finish all 4 quads (1B) we didn't take any x-rays because she had them taken a few months ago. she had a ton of calculus mostly on the lower linguals, but it just blasted off with the ultra sonic. That was the only place I used it though. I want to learn how to had scale more and not just rely on the ultra sonic. Today was the first time that I seen the calculus just fly off. today was the first time that I was able to polish and floss and I remembered fl. I have finished a pt. in one appt. before, but I didn't have time to polish them.

Today went pretty well over all. The only thing that is frustrating for me right now is waiting sooooo long for an scale check. I think that the next 3 weeks are going to be very trying for me. I have been dreading switching inst. I have heard a lot of people saying that they don't want costley, but I liked having her. Today I missed some spots and then at the 2nd scale check I still missed 2 of the spots. Its kind of embarassing! Maybe I am not feeling then good enough! It would be nice if when you miss a spot then the inst. could give you some pointers on how to get it off. If you miss it the first time then maybe you don't know the best way to do it. I hear people say oh I learned this and that, but I didn't learn anything today! Another week down.

1 comments:

The Pyper's! said...

I am so jealous that you got to see calc. fly off!!