I ws totally expecting my experience at the VA to be a lot of different than it has been so far. We got there in plenty of time, but that was about the only good thing that happened today. We have been switching chairs every day there and again I get the unit that doesn't have a working computer, so it is kind of frustrating trying to look up stuff in the pt. chart, you can't do any x-rays and have to wait for someone else to finish so that you can do your chart. My first pt. was pretty easy class V and I did a set of bwx and some PA's and it went pretty well considering all the things I mentioned earlier. I was hoping to get some perio since I have only done 2 quads of a III and everything else has been 1b or a V. My second pt. was way past due for a cleaning and let me know that he wanted anestesia right off the bat. He was so sensitive that I only got half way done probing and he couldn't it anymore. Diane said that she would come and do it for me and when she was there he decided that if he couldn't have NO2 he didn't want any treatment at all. After all this now I was out of a pt. I was kind of upset about it because I was pretty sure that he was going to be 4 quads of a III. Around 230 they said that they had an extra pt. so I was able to do her. She was a pretty easy 1b, but I guess that something is better than nothing. I also did some bwx on her and they turned out good. I like having the xcp for the digital bwx, but it is still kind of hard to fit the sensor when people have small mouths. Today we had 3 no shows and my pt. that walked out. Diane was nice enough to let students have her pt. today so that helped out a little. There hasn't been as much perio as I was expecting (atleast on the days that I have been there). I know that we can't expect to get all of our requirements there it just a long day when you add the drive and everything. I need to start trying to get some PE's done I brought them today, but was already waiting for quite a while for scale checks and what not so I knew that getting the inst. to watch me do one of them just wasn't going to work. Maybe next time. Also, as soon as I have a class II or III I am going to do an exam so that I can get them out of the way. If you are still reading this sorry about all the complaining, but it was a really rough day :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment