CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Having pts not show up sucks!!!!

I had a pt. scheduled today that was part of a family that was comming in today, but 15 min before the appt. the mom called and said that she couldn't find one of the girls and she wouldn't be comming in. Just my luck. I have had really bad luck with patients so far and it is only the second week. Liz and katie went down to try to find patients with me, but they had to go back up to start their pt. so I went down to the library to try to find patients. It actually ended up being ok because I found a pt for today and some for a later time. I got started about 45 min late, but was able to do 4bxw and get one quad done. My pt had more calculus than any that I have had so far and several things for me to document than what I have done. I missed 5 spots. Uggh. My pt. was very understanding and was willing to stay as long as necessary and willing to come back. He also said that I could call his wife to come in. Goal for next time: improve on speed and not miss sooo many spots, and oh ya, most importantly have a pt. in my chair.

1 comments:

The Pyper's! said...

OK...you seriously need to have a good patient that is either on time and going to be there.....I am glad that you found someone!