On Monday my patient emailed me and said that she wasn't going to make it, so I called everyone that I know to see if anyone would be able to make it. One of my friends was willing to take off work, but later that night she called and said that she was getting a cold sore. So at 11pm on Monday night I still don't have a patient for Wed. afternoon. In the middle of calling everyone that I knew I also called several people off the recall list. Every person that I called either wasn't interested, ore their number was disconnected, or they were husbands of girls that had already graduated from the program. I was sooo frustrated. It seems like there should be a better way of doing this, not that I can really think of a better way, but it just makes me wonder why so many people were on there if they weren't really interested in coming into our clinic. I think that this is why this semester is so difficult. I am glad that I didn't have too many other things that I had to do this week because I spent several hours calling people.
Liz was nice enough to let me call one of her patients that she hadn't called yet, and luckly he was willing to come on short notice and drive in the very terrible weather that we had. There probably isn't anyone reading this, but I am really grateful to liz for helping me out, and I plan on paying her back however I can.
My patient showed up about 20 min late, but I have to admit that I wouldn't have driven in the amount of snow that we had if I didn't have to, I was just glad that he showed up. My patient hadn't been to the dentist in more than two years. I did full mouth x-rays. It seemed like it took forever, but it really wasn't that long. I didn't have to take any retakes which I was really happy about. I really don't care for radiology, so I would prefer not to take any if I don't have to. the hardest part for me was figuring out which x-ray was which. We have taken full mouths before, but not all at once and not with the duplicates, so it was a lot more than I expected. The rest of my time was spent doing dent and probing. probing was a little difficult for me. My patient had really chubby checks and had a hard time opening his mouth wide enough plus his gingiva was really edematous, so it was harder than it had been when I have worked on our peers. I started ohi, but didn't have time to get a scale check. Costley made a not on my evaluation to utilize my time better, which I already knew that I needed to do, so my goal is to work on that because that could be a problem, but I didn't get a blue slip and I am happy about that. Wow this post is forever, so I am going to stop typing now!!!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
snow, snow and more snow!
Posted by tiffers at 2:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment