CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm sooo embarrased!!!

I finally have a pt in my chair that I know and today I sucked more than any other day. Today was the worst day of clinic for me yet. I was expecting to have a easy 1b pt and was going to do her as an exam, but I forgot to declare her an exam at od check and luckly for me I did. My pt was actually going to bring in her daughter that wants to be a hygienist but she couldn't miss school so my friend came instead. I was thinking that I would be done early and could maybe get some sealants done from someone. The pt had recently been to the dentist and had her teeth cleaned, but I think the last hygienist had missed some spots and not just once, probably a couple of times. Inst. costley said that she should have been a class II, but I didn't bother changing it cause she was extra anyways. I missed so many spots and couldn't get them off. Some of the calculus was burnished and other spots were just on there soo hard. I was feeling really bad because everyone in my pod was finished and her I am still working on a 1b or II whatever, but then I felt a little better when I went to print something and noticed that there were still 5-6 pts still there.

I haven't known most of my pts. and I deffinately like that better. That way you don't feel as bad when they have to sit there forever and you don't have to feel like an idiot when you see them again outside of school. So all I completed today was 4 quads of a 1b. I still need some sealants. I have 1 schedule for the last day, but I am scared to save it for then. I sent out an email so hopefully someone will be willing to let me do one on one of their pt. Tomorrow I am going to scrub up and see if any of the seniors have any that I can do. Still have the same amout of requirements as last time. This week has worn me out.

0 comments: